Click each attorney’s picture for complete bio / curriculum vitae
As a partner with Rager & Underwood, PLLC, April Rager continues to focus the expanse of her legal career on the representation of children and families throughout the many complex aspects of family law in Oklahoma.
Ms. Rager's practice includes a comprehensive knowledge of issues relating to child adoption and child guardianships, and paternity determinations. Additionally, her litigation skill is the product of hundreds of cases in which she fought for the best interest of the child and to strive to promote the viability of the family relationship.
Ms. Rager continually concentrates on the development of her experience in the areas of divorce, including protective orders, and child custody involving child preference and visitations.
Her efforts on behalf of the children within Tulsa County reflect her creativity and credibility, earned by her relentless study and application of family law legal principles as a consummate practitioner. A great amount of those efforts were expended while Ms. Rager was with the Tulsa County Public Defender's Office for 14 years. During that time, Ms. Rager also served on the Quality Assurance Panel for the District Court of Tulsa County, which sets policy for the specific rules and procedures exercised within the family courts of Tulsa County.
Ms. Rager is fond of travel, baking and making gourmet ice cream.
Contact Ms. Rager at 918.764.9237
- University of Tulsa, College of Law, J.D.
- Central Missouri State University, B.S. in criminal justice, Magna cum laude
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Family Law, Property, Small Firm, Alternative Dispute Resolution sections
- Quality Assurance Panel, District Court of Tulsa County, former member
- Oasis, Inc. (Older Adult Services and Interfaith Sharing), member board of directors
- Goodwill Industries, social worker
Amy L. Underwood
Amy L. Underwood is partner and counsel with Rager & Underwood, PLLC
A graduate of William Jewell College in Liberty, Missouri, in political science, and the University of Tulsa, College of Law, Ms. Underwood has practiced law in Oklahoma for more than 24 years, 14 years of which in the Tulsa County Public Defender's Office.
She is well-recognized for her expertise in a notable number of adult and juvenile family law sections. Her most recent focus has been child advocacy, particularly in parental and step-parent adoptions requiring specific needs involving best interest hearings, direct placement, interstate adoptions and those associated with the Indian Child Welfare Act. Early in her career, Ms. Underwood served as a child advocate in Tulsa and Washington counties through the CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) program. Additionally, Ms. Underwood received domestic violence training through DVIS (Domestic Violence Intervention Services) and serviced their volunteer hotline.
Ms. Underwood's extensive legal practice enables her to also assist clients with issues involving adult guardianships, traditional and non-traditional marital estate planning as well as divorce, custody, alternative dispute resolution, arbitration and mediations.
Additionally, she holds an Oklahoma real estate license, and can direct clients toward beneficial goals in the area of commercial and corporate law with an emphasis on foreclosure, bankruptcy, collections and creditor issues.
Ms. Underwood also is an avid golfer, an AirStream hobbyist, and recreational bicyclist.
Contact Ms. Underwood at 918.764.9237
- University of Tulsa, College of Law, J.D.
- William Jewell College, Liberty, Missouri, B.A. in political science
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Family Law section
- Admitted to practice in the Federal courts of the Eastern, Western, and Northern districts of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Real Estate Commission
- Tulsa County District Court Guardianship Revision Committee, past member
- Alpha Delta Pi National Sorority
- Outstanding Child Advocate Award, Washington County
- Oasis, Inc. (Older Adult Services and Interfaith Sharing), committee member
Rager & Underwood, PLLC – Tulsa Attorneys
Rager & Underwood, PLLC is a Family Law oriented law firm. We are well-versed in navigating intricate issues that comprise the state’s current divorce, child adoption and guardianship laws.
Rager & Underwood, PLLC is where our attorneys are leaders in their fields, and continually utilize local, state and international contacts, and professional continuing education programs, to achieve the firm’s objective of assisting clients in attaining their aims.